Monday, February 6, 2012

Message for the Fourks!

Vince Lombardi once said, "It does not matter how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get up." As most of you could probably tell, last semester Reslife was my life (it must be if I'm still doing this job after the number of incidents that I've had). Then something happened, my life started taking over my Reslife. God, friends, a girl, and just life in general began to be a bigger part of my life. As my residents needed me less, my programs finished and my duties ended, and we settled into a rhythm, I began to focus on my life and boy have I had a blast so far! Life was great I felt like I was on cloud nine. Then life knocked me down. Ironically it began with a girl. Her name is Chelsea, she's a good friend of mine, she got me listening to country music, brought me closer to God, and got me hyped the way only a crush can. This semester, I finally manned up and asked her out. She said that she just wanted to be friends. Ironically, it was the day before GRASS (Tracey remember during our duty from hell I said that I was distracted, well this was why) and it took every once of my willpower to focus during GRASS. Ask me about her I'd love to talk about her. Kelsey, Jessie, Tracey, Nadia, Dawn, Keshia, and Danielle I'd love to hear your feedback on what happened and where I go from here. Cameron, Joel, and Femi anytime you guys want to talk about failed crushes or ex-girlfriends I'm all ears. After Chelsea the semester was in full swing. So I was balancing getting over her (btw I'm still not) school, friends, Reslife and just life in general. Since Chelsea, everything has pretty much gone downhill. As you all know all too well, we have our friends and we have our Reslife friends. Well my circle of friends doesn't get together as often as we used to and you guys know how tough it is to keep your focus on Reslife when your around Reslife every minute of everyday. These times with my friends are my release from Reslife and with RA Selection weekend and duty I haven't gotten to see anyone in a little while. Sometimes it may seem that I am apathetic towards something Reslife related (Krystal now you know why I was a week late on my monthly summary- and Cameron now you know why I wasn't my usual get everything done self during our programs this last month) please understand that it has nothing to do with the program or the RA or the topic. I have just simply haven't had a release from this job yet (God knows you'd need one too if you had Reid for a resident lol). If you have hung with me till now you are probably wondering why I am telling you all this. I am not telling you guys this because I want sympathy or concern. I am not writing this as an excuse for being on autopilot  the last month. I am writing it because I have to get it all off my chest. I am writing this because it took Krystal finally asking me if something was going on for me to realize that I have not been on my A-game this semester (Krystal this is the dollar answer to your ten cent question). Krystal's question gave me the jolt I needed to get back up. I am writing this because you guys need to know that I up until this point I have been knocked down, but I have resolved to get back up and no matter what life throws at me I am going to keep getting back up. Starting right now I am off autopilot and back on my A-game. I have found the passion and motivation that got lost in life's shuffle.  Ideally I would like to go back to the RA I was first semester (minus all the incidents) but I know that can't because I'm different, my residents are different, and you guys are different. That being said I have regained my enthusiasm and I have a new philosophy, based on that TED talk that Alex loves so much, and I'm ready to tackle this semester with you guys. I know that I'm not the only one with problems and certainly what I've been through over the last month is nothing compared to what some of you guys have been through. There's a quote that most of you probably know that goes "20% of people don't care about your problems and the other 80% are glad you have them." I don't know where I fit into that because I actually care about helping people. Know that I got your backs if you guys ever need someone to talk to, someone to sniff suspected weed lol or just need company, my door is almost always propped if I'm home and I always welcome visitors (not to mention I always keep a well stocked candy bowl). Thanks for bearing with me through this, what is turning into an essay, and know that I'm back to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment