Thursday, February 2, 2012

An Introvert's Guide to Networking

I subscribe to LinkedIn weekly updates on articles related to student affairs and high education. This week I found an article that caught my attention for obvious reasons.. The article, entitled as above (An Introvert's Guide to Networking) discusses that introverts have a more difficult time networking because they do not know how to go about it while doing so comfortably. That we, as introverts, feel that being introverted is a negative thing and that we must become extroverts to be successful. The author writes about tips that she found helped her get ahead in the game to become as successful as her comrades.

I plan to purchase her book and see where it takes me, but this is a lesson on not giving up and not letting one thing about you stand in the way of your success. You all know I am quiet and reserved compared to all the other pro staff but I've been able to find ways to shine on my own without being that one person in the front talking the most :)

Here's a link to the article if you are interested!
http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2012/01/the_introverts_guide_to_networ.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment